CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sending You Sprinkles of Fun!

This is another Valentine's Day card I made. I'm also entering it in this week's Scrappy Mom's Terrific Tuesday Challenge, which we is to use the Sweethearts cartridge. I don't have that cart, but I do know it has an umbrella on it, so I used my Create a Critter cart for the umbrella. The "Sending You Sprinkles of Fun" sentiment is from the Scrappy Mom's Sweet Something stamp set.

The bottom part of the card is actually my favorite. What I did was use a bunch of strips of patterned paper that I had left over from some of my other Valentines cards and adhered them to a 2" inch piece of white cardstock. I then trimmed the edges and adhered it to the bottom of the card.

I can't take credit for the idea. I actually saw it on Kristina Werner's blog. She did this same technique on a acrapbook layout, but I thought it worked well for a card.

Great way to use up the end pieces of paper that we trim when making mats for cards or pictures!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft

I love this! I love the bling for rain! Thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)

Scrappy Mel

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the paper strip technique! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

Post a Comment