CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snowman - Holiday Cheer

So the big trend this year for the holidays seems to be using "non-traditional" colors. Hot pinks, blues, aqua...very retro in my opinion. Kinda makes me think of the 70's and people had those aluminum colored trees in pink and silver.

I decided to jump on the band wagon and since I thought I could use this cute paper I got the other day at my local scrapbook store. See the hot pink snowflakes....very cute. The other snowflakes are blue and kind of an olivey green, though in the picture it looks more gold. Originally, I thought the paper was from Echo Park's new Wintertime collection, because I did buy a couple of sheets of paper from that line, but after looking at the entire paper pack online, that's not the case. So if the paper looks familiar and you know the brand...let me know!

I cut the snowman from Joys of the Season at 3 1/2 inches and coordinated his hot pink scarf with the pink in the snowflake paper. I even broke out my son's colored pencils for his carrot nose and on his broom.

The blue paper at the bottom is a leftover scrap that's kind of an aqua color. Again, I used a Recollections stamp set from Michaels and did a little more embossing. Slowly, but surely I'm getting the hang of it.

To finish the card, I did just a little faux stitching on the bottom. Again, nothing too fancy, but clean and simple tends to be my style.

Hope you like!

3 comments:

Sheena

Cute card..I really like the pattern paper

Cheryl Gaffney

Love your card... the snowman is so cute!! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

More Than Favors

So Cute! TFS! Thank you for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge over at More Than Favors!

Happy Crafting,
Paula
morethanfavors.blogspot.com

Post a Comment